43 VACATION DESTINATIONS FOR COUPLES
Do you have a spouse, boyfriend, girlfriend, booty call (no judge zone) or significant other? Are you looking to spend a few days away from your kids or restore the romance in your partnership? If so, you may need a baecation!
Autumn is probably the best time to vacation, especially with a romantic partner. The weather is cooler (cuddle weather), tourist attractions aren’t inundated with rowdy sightseers, and plane tickets are significantly cheaper. In fact, deciding when to go isn’t the big issue. It’s deciding where to go that can present a challenge.
When selecting a destination it’s important to visit locations that appeal to both of your interest. So it’s crucial that you and your partner discuss what you want to accomplish on your trip whether that is relaxing on a beach, trying new foods, visiting museums, or simply getting more than 8 hours of uninterrupted sleep.
To make things easier for you, I’ve compiled a list of destinations based on activities you and your partner may enjoy.
Relaxation, Romance & Beaches
This is the category that most of my baecationers will fall into. If your objective is to reconnect and restore the romance in your relationship, view the following. They were voted the world’s most romantic destinations for couples:
- St. Lucia
- Venice, Italy
- Maui, Hawaii
- Tulum, Mexico
- Naples, Florida
- Koh Tao, Thailand
- Zanzibar, Tanzania
- Lamu Island, Island in Kenya
- Montego Bay, Jamaica
- Cape Town, South Africa
- Buenos Aires, Argentina
- Santa Barbara, California
- Boracay Island, Philippines
- Bora Bora, Island in French Polynesia
- Vamizi Island, Quirimbas Archipelago, Mozambique
Adventure & Sports
Are you and your partner thrill-seekers? If you enjoy rock climbing, camping (or glamping), fishing, scuba diving, river rafting, tubing, kayaking, canoeing and other recreational activities, consider these destinations for your next baecation:
- Lake Tahoe: take a horseback ride, go kayaking, or enjoy a stand-up paddle boarding tour.
- Yosemite National Park: is the perfect place to hike. Make sure to stretch in advance.
- Colorado Springs: is for nature lovers. Take a hot air balloon ride or explore the natural sights.
- Sedona, Arizona: couples won’t be bored here. There is so much to do from Jeep Tours, to visiting wildlife parks, to photographing Red Rock Crossing.
- Alberta, Canada: you can do it all! There are a plethora of outdoor activities to keep you busy throughout your trip.
- Jaco, Costa Rica: CR is the perfect destination for adrenaline junkies. Take an ATV Adventure Tour or zip-line through the rainforest.
Arts & Culture
Vacations aren’t always about getting some R&R. If you’re an art and culture lover, you and your partner may want to visit these destinations:
- Washington D.C.
- Chicago, Illinois
- Boston, Massachusetts
- Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Prague, Czech Republic
- Rome, Italy
- Vienna, Austria
- Paris, France
- Cairo, Egypt
- Jerusalem, Israel
Everyone knows that Las Vegas, Nevada and Miami, Florida are the quintessential party spots in the United States. However, if you’re able to take an extended vacation, you may want to consider these locations. Warning: passport required.
- Tokyo, Japan: has an incredible nightlife scene. It’s full of exotic clubs and friendly people.
- Amsterdam, The Netherlands: makes Vegas look like a kid’s party.
- Ibiza, Spain: step aside, New York! Ibiza may steal your nickname. My girlfriend said Ibiza should be renamed as The City that Never Sleeps. I’ve been told the partying is nonstop.
- Berlin, Germany: I know a few of you are scratching your heads, but Berlin is known for its incredible nightlife scenes.
Food & Wine
This is my area of expertise. I will travel anywhere to eat a good meal. If you’re like me, and your sole desire is to eat and drink, visit these cities:
- San Diego, California: great food, great weather and great people to enjoy it with.
- Napa Valley Wine Country: is a favorite global destination for wine lovers.
- Nashville, Tennessee: you’ll come with a flat stomach and leave with a food baby.
- Savannah, Georgia: Savannah truly has some of the best southern cuisines. Please visit. You won’t be disappointed.
- New Orleans, Louisiana: is the place to party and eat! NOLA is one of the culinary capitals of the United States and famous for its chargrilled oysters, beignets, red beans & rice, and gumbo.
- Paraty, Brazil: the best seafood you’ll ever eat!
- Cartagena, Colombia: I haven’t visited Cartagena (yet), but several friends have told me it has become a popular food destination.
I hope you found this useful and start planning your next baecation. Let me know where you and bae end up traveling in the comment section below. Bon voyage!