HOLISTIC COOCHIE CARE PRACTICES: V-STEAMING & YONI DETOX PEARL FAQS
*Warning: if you are allergic to any of the ingredients mentioned below, please avoid steaming and using Yoni pearls. Please consult with your doctor (or other qualified health care professional) before using any product discussed.
Estimated Reading Time: 7 minutes
Today we're going to be talking about holistic coochie care practices! Yes, you read that correctly! I'll be talking about approaches to restoring your pretty kitties (a.k.a. vaginas, dick slayers, pussy pot pies, meat curtains).
Three weeks ago I partnered with Tamara Starks, owner of Treasure Chest Beauty Studio, to learn more about vaginal detox treatments. I posted an Instagram story about my Yoni Steam and Yoni Pearl experience, and my DMs blew up! Who knew my followers were so interested in vaginas!!!
To answer all of your questions, I wrote this post to explain the health benefits of v-steaming and the yoni pearls. And if you're not much of a reader, I gotchu. You can view my video/ IG Highlights for the recap.
What is it?
Vaginal steaming is an age-old natural remedy said to cleanse the vagina and uterus, assist in regulating menstruation and aids to release toxins.
This is used an alternative treatment to pharmaceutical drugs and prescriptions. Women receiving this treatment will sit over a pot of herbal-infused steam for approximately 15-30 minutes. *Warning: it does get hot. I nearly melted during my first steam. So just be prepared.*
what is the steam infused with?
The ingredients will vary depending on where you go.
My vaginal-steam from Treasure Chest Studio included:
- Rosemary: increases circulation to reproductive organs.
- Lavender: calms the mind and body. It also aids in healthy uterine function.
- Oregano: used to bring on menses. Oregano is also a wonderful herb for aiding in prevention of infection.
- Marigold: this is used to induce perspiration and cleansing of the vaginal tissues. It is also healing to wounds and aids in the healing of tight scarred tissues of the of the labia. Note: please do not steam an open wound, this could cause pain and swelling.
- Raspberry Leaf: is useful for vaginal dryness and overall health. Red raspberry also helps to restore balance and health to the reproductive organs.
- Rose Petals: are gentle and astringent to tissues of the genitals. Rose is a relaxing and uplifting herb.
- Motherwort: is used to promote delayed menstruation.
- Chamomile: calms the mind and body. Chamomile works well for wound healing and skin irritations.
what are the health benefits of using a v-steam?
V-steaming is said to:
- Relieve stress and depression.
- Decrease menstrual flow and dark purple/brown blood at the onset or end of menses.
- Detoxify womb and remove toxins from the body.
- Increase fertility.
- Relieve chronic vaginal infections.
- Aid with digestive issues and hormonal imbalance.
Women who may benefit from a vaginal-steam would be those who suffer from the following conditions:
- Fertility Challenges
- Uterine Fibroids
- Painful menstruation and heavy bleeding
- Uterine weakness
- Uterine prolapse
- Menopausal dryness
- Candida Infections
- Irregular menstrual cycles
- Ovarian cysts
- Reproductive adhesion/scar tissue
- Increase Vaginal Wetness and Tightness
Who Shouldn't Use It?
Please avoid steaming if you're on your period (do the steam a few days before menstruation; or wait until your period is over), have a vaginal infection, pregnant or breastfeeding. Women should also refrain from steaming if they have open sores or blisters. Women with piercing should remove jewelry before doing the steaming.
What if i have an IUD? is it safe to use?
If you have an Intrauterine Device (IUD), steam at your own risk. In rare occasions the steam has been said to dislodge the IUD. With that being said, I have an IUD and didn't experience any complications.
i heard the v-steam helps regulate your period. is that true?
The herbs are extremely powerful. Over time, my period has completely stopped (it's a side effect from being on this type of birth control). After getting the steam treatment, my cycle started the very next day. It didn't last long (less than 48 hours), but the herbs we're powerful enough to trigger it. I definitely recommend the steam if you suffer from irregular cycles.
How often should I get a steam?
It varies and depends on the woman. Women who suffer from menstruation issues and/or fertility challenges should steam a few times a month(during the weeks in which you are not menstruating). It's recommended if you're treating for menstrual pain, to steam a few days before your cycle is scheduled to start.
Yoni steams can also help women who are experiencing fertility challenges. Women with these issues, should steam about once a week. It will take a few months before seeing results.
where can i get one done?
Check around your local spas and salons for Yoni steaming. If you live in Dallas, you can schedule an appointment with Treasure Chest Beauty Studio.
You can also create your own Yoni steam bath. Several companies sell the herbs, containers and v-steam merchandise online. If you decide to steam on your own, make sure to follow the instructions on the package and avoid using essential oils in your steam. Also make sure to read the ingredients and research what herbs work best for you.
I haven't personally tried the following brands, but if you're open to trying the steam on your own, these two brands were highly rated:
- Sweet Cookies | Instagram: @sweetcookiewash
- Goddess Detox (they were recommended by a couple of my friends. The have the detox pearls, herbal blend steams and steaming seat) | Instagram: @goddessdetox
Yoni Detox Pearls
What are yoni detox pearls and what are the benefits?
Yoni Detox Pearls are a holistic approach to restoring feminine health and confidence. The pearls hold powerful herbs that aid in the removal of toxins from the vagina that may be working against the overall health of the womb. Yoni Gems Detox Suppositories help to provide vaginal tightening, decrease vaginal dryness and allow the blood to recirculate throughout the womb and uterus.
Like the steam, they also aid in improving a myriad of health conditions including: yeast and bacterial infections, infertility, fibroids, irregular menstruation, vaginal dryness, pelvic inflammatory disease, urine incontinence, and expelling fluid build ups that are not expelled during the menstrual cycle that can cause cysts and fibroids.
who shouldn't use it
Similar to the steam, please do NOT use if you're pregnant, breastfeeding, or on your period. It's also recommended that if you are a virgin to avoid using the pearls. Due to the strong nature of the herbs, the pearls have the ability to break the hymen.
If you have an IUD, use at your own risk. In rare circumstances, pearls have dislodged the IUD. I have one, and did not experience this. However, I would be remiss if I did not warn you about the side effects of using the pearls.
how to use
Instructions From Treasure Chest Beauty Studio Pamphlet
- Wash your hands before removing the detox pearl from the sealed package. Unravel strings from pearls and tie a knot close to pearls for easy removal.
- Get on back with your knees to your chest. Take the longest finger you have and use it to push the detox deeply into your vagina.
- Leave one Yoni Gems Detox Suppositories in vagina for 48-72 hours (two to three days), after 48-72 hours remove Yoni Gems Detox Suppositories.
- Wear a panty liner and allow the vagina to discharge for the next 24-48 hours; wait 24 hours before inserting another Yoni Gems Detox Suppositories.
- Repeat steps one and two for Yoni Gems Detox Pearl Suppositories.
- The entire process will take about seven to nine days. Please wait at least 24 hours before having sexual intercourse.
what is purging?
This is simply the white discharge that will expel from your vagina as it begins to cleanse. The discharge is compiled of dead vaginal skin cells, blood clots, and mucus that the vagina has accumulated over time. It's important to let it come out naturally; do NOT try to pull it out on your own.
will i experience any discomfort?
Due to the toxins being drawn out, every woman will have a different experience.
On the second day, I experienced some vaginal dryness (very normal). It did not have an odor or itch, but it was a little uncomfortable. Thankfully, it went away within 24 hours. If you experience dryness or itchiness, apply coconut oil to the lower region for relief. Dead sea salt baths will help with this problem, too. I've also read that some women may develop a yeast infection after the use of the detox pearls. If that happens, use a boric acid suppository.
Please note: make sure to read instructions when using boric acid suppositories. Do NOT consume boric acid orally. They should be inserted in the vagina. Please consult with doctor or health care provider before taking.
Other things to know
Instructions From Treasure Chest Beauty Studio Pamphlet
- Three Yoni Gems Dextox Suppositories equals one cleanse.
- It's recommended six Yoni pearls to start a thorough cleanse. General cleansing time is estimated between seven to nine days (depending on your body, some detoxes may last longer).
- Do NOT use Yoni pearls seven days before the onset of menstruation; wait at least three days after your last day of menstruation before using pearls.
- Avoid using Yoni pearls if you're allergic to any of the ingredients found in the pearls.
- In case of endometriosis, BV and vaginal inflammation, you need to have four treatments (12 yoni pearls). For pelvic inflammatory diseases and fibroids, five treatments is recommended (15 pearls).
- Do NOT ingest Yoni pearls. They should only be inserted in the vagina.
- Only use one pearl at a time.
- May want to wear a panty liner during your detox.
- Do NOT have sexual intercourse during treatment. If you wish to have sex, please remove the suppositories and wait 24-48 hours before having intercourse.
- After sexual intercourse, you may use one yoni pearl to eliminate risk of bacterial infection.
- In a few days, your body will begin to expel some discharge. Do NOT remove with your fingers. It's advise to wait for it to come out naturally.
- You can drink alcohol while you're cleansing; although clean eating is recommended for optimal results.
- Always speak to your health care provider before using.
I thoroughly enjoyed the steam and detox pearls...and will definitely do them again! I felt like a whole new woman after my detox.
If you would like to learn more about my personal experience, check out my vlog (it's title Coochie Care) or email me at email@example.com. Happy to answer all questions.